• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

goshawks in dorset (1 Viewer)

jembird

Hi, back in May 04, Stalbridge Park, Dorset, was mentioned as being a good site to see Goshawks. Does anyone know whether it still is, and whether it has been successful since then? Thanks, Jeremy.

Is is really suitable to be discussing sites for a schedule 1 breeder and the birds success there? Especially away from well known sites/areas. I don't think it is, but more and more information I would regard as unsuitable/sensitive is finding its way onto pagers and public forums like this one, so perhaps I'm in a minority...

I'd be surprised if it was a good Goshawk site, as I am unaware of any Dorset Goshawk sites!
New Fancy View, Gloucs, is perhaps the best site within striking distance, and is widely publicised as such.

Hi, there is no way I would put rare birds in jeapardy, I was merely repeating what was said back in 04, by Joe North. I presume that site was well known to local birdwatchers, and being guarded. It is him you should be taking to task.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back