• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swallows (1 Viewer)

BazR

bazr
Hi All.
We went to Ripon today, and as we crossed the bridge into the city I noticed several Swallows skimming the waters of the River Ure. These were my first of the year. Can summer be far behind?
On the way back I saw a Red Kite flying alongside the A1 near Boroughbridge. Also my first of the year. Not bad: two year ticks without looking for them. :t:

All the best.
Baz.

Hi Paul swallows in ripon thats encouraging news. Lets hope summers not far away.time to look for wheatears now i think! sunny and warm to day. The next Swallows you see would you point them north for us.!
Aint life grand
Cheers
Daf.

Ooooooooo swallows! I saw my first yesterday! How nice is that to see a Kite?!?!? No Kites here but do Turkey Vultures by the dozens count? LOL!

L.

Hi Dafi.
You're not the first to do it: the name I use is Baz; Paul is the author of my quote. LOL!! I'll give them a push in your direction. They are getting ever northward, it shouldn't be long now before you have them.

LYDIA. I'll swap you one Red Kite for one Turkey Vulture. No, better make it one of each sex to give them chance to breed. LOL!!

All the best to you both.

They've been coming through Portland in dribs and drabs for a week or so now, but I've yet to see one here. Lucky you to see the Red Kite, the one that was down this way a week or so back seems to have disappeared again.

Great news with the Swallows and Red Kite Baz :t:

I see a Swallow and Red Kite were reported at Upton Warren Reserve last week, I went today but of course no sign of either |=)| Surprise, surprise ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back