• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nature Reserve Development (1 Viewer)

Kits

Picture Picker
Anyone here from Essex?

I found this story interesting. Great that the RSPB procured the land and are developing it in this way.

Last edited:
In Canvey Island, Bill. If you click on my link (the green writing in my post) it will take you to the story.

Link now in blue writing!

Last edited:
Hi Kits,

Sorry, I'm having a bit of an eye problem at the moment and I didn't see the green bit. I shall know in future.

I wondered whether you meant the Wallasea Island project.

The Canvey one is one the the biggest current RSPB projects, should be quite something when it's done.

Bill

Good stuff! The RSPB are being very active at present! Someone said to me over the weekend that they thought the RSPB were 'mainly interested in money.' Well all I can say is that when you read of such projects you can see why. At least the money is, on the whole, being well spent.

Good stuff! The RSPB are being very active at present! Someone said to me over the weekend that they thought the RSPB were 'mainly interested in money.' Well all I can say is that when you read of such projects you can see why. At least the money is, on the whole, being well spent.

Agreed :clap:

Hi Kits.
It doesn't matter where one from does it? Whenever a new reserve is planned, by whoever, it's cause for rejoicing. Once again, well done the RSPB, and thanks for bringing this to our notice Kits. If it hasn't been mentioned in Birds Magazine already,I'm sure that there will news of it soon and hopefully updates.

Baz.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back