• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kent Listing (what about you) (1 Viewer)

Heathy

Hi all

I have read a few messages in the last few days about new birds seen so here are the new birds i have had this year in Kent

Audouin's Gull (1st for Britain)
Serin
Hooded Crow
Melodious Warbler
Greenish Warbler
Storm Petrel
Whiskered Tern

Not a bad list but a few goodies missed, what about any one else?

Marc Heath

Hi Marc,

Welcome to BirdForum!

Best bird on my Kentish list is Turtle Dove, life-ticked near Folkestone when I was but a little kid. Not been back to this remote, inaccessible area since ;)

Whole Kent list probably about 30 or 40, if I ever try to tot it up.

Michael

Hi Marc and welcome

You don't know what you're missing, Michael! The Swale in winter - aaahh!

Haven't done nearly enough birding in Kent myself, but would love to do more. I don't keep county lists, but, from memory, my best Kent ticks are:

Canvasback
Spoonbill
White-tailed Eagle
Thrush Nightingale
Golden-winged Warbler

But I still need Twite!

Jason

Bluetail said:
You don't know what you're missing, Michael! The Swale in winter - aaahh!
Absolutely, I can feel that wind now!

Two new Kent ticks for me this year were the little bittern at Dungeness and the greenish warbler at Reculver. I did dip on a few others - most noticeably the Audouin's Gull.

Andrew said:
Bah! Everyone's getting better birds than me, even in Kent!
What do you mean even! Don't forget Kent has one of the longest county lists.

Get yourself over here, Andrew and I'll show you around ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back