• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher? (1 Viewer)

knnthdhrvy

Ken Harvey
Not sure what these birds are, I'm guessing a gnatcatcher of some kind. If you can help me out, I would appreciate it. Creek bank birds, seen May 31, 2012 central Texas.

Attachments

• Eastern Kingbird.jpg
    Eastern Kingbird.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 81
These are juvenile Barn Swallows. Notice the navy blue color on top and the orange tinge underneath. The large yellow gape flanges mean they are young. Young Tree Swallows are brown.

These are juvenile Barn Swallows. Notice the navy blue color on top and the orange tinge underneath. The large yellow gape flanges mean they are young. Young Tree Swallows are brown.

They do look surprising like adult Tree Swallows, but The Bird Nuts is right, juvenile Tree Swallow are brown and these are Barns.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back