• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are You A Binoholic ???? (1 Viewer)

But here´s a question, for Simon and Gary....my wife complains about my eight pairs of binoculars "taking up so much room" (actually they´re in a cupboard, and three of them are compacts!). Where do you guys keep collections of over 400 pairs?

Two spare bedrooms have glass cases all around the walls. Plus filing cabinets for literature, etc. (Oh and a collection of Russian cameras !!!!). I have also installed de-humidifiers and UV lighting to keep the dreaded fungus at bay.
Every so often I have to have a big tidy up as stuff spreads across the floor and it is impossible to get into the rooms.
My wife tolerates them and just dreams of the day when I have popped my socks and she can sell them off, have some space in the house, and start partying !!!!

"...like the guys in "Japanese Binocular Football""

Amazing. I now look upon the Three Stooges as comparative intellectuals.

Nice outfits though.

Yeah. Cute. I know this has been referred to before on BF, but it´s worth a look again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj7f3B1VCYM

Brings binoholism to a whole new level. Do you feel remorse after using your binoculars? Do you find it hard to function without your binoculars? etc., etc.

Two spare bedrooms have glass cases all around the walls. Plus filing cabinets for literature, etc. (Oh and a collection of Russian cameras !!!!). I have also installed de-humidifiers and UV lighting to keep the dreaded fungus at bay.
Every so often I have to have a big tidy up as stuff spreads across the floor and it is impossible to get into the rooms.
My wife tolerates them and just dreams of the day when I have popped my socks and she can sell them off, have some space in the house, and start partying !!!!
You don't have to justify your collection Gary, I think we are perfectly norman! 8-P

But I bet her shoes take up far more room......it´s these little differences that make us appreciate each other, n´est-ce pas?;)

But I bet her shoes take up far more room......it´s these little differences that make us appreciate each other, n´est-ce pas?;)

my realtor took us for a tour. In one house, the owners converted one whole bedroom into a closet for her shoes. That was mind opening experience.

my realtor took us for a tour. In one house, the owners converted one whole bedroom into a closet for her shoes. That was mind opening experience.
LOL! Remember the TV shots of a similar room in the palace of Imelda Marcos, back in the eighties? Caused outrage among many of us. But caused envy amongst many of our womenfolk.....;)

LOL! Remember the TV shots of a similar room in the palace of Imelda Marcos, back in the eighties? Caused outrage among many of us. But caused envy amongst many of our womenfolk.....;)[/QU

As I recall, she was prosecuted for this in New York City. She hired the famous Criminal Defense Lawyer, Gerry Spence, from Wyoming to defend her. He managed to convince the jury that the government was prosecuting her for "shopping" and the Jury came back with a "Not Guilty" verdict warming the hearts of women every where, not to mention Macy's Department Store!:t:
Bob

LOL! Remember the TV shots of a similar room in the palace of Imelda Marcos, back in the eighties? Caused outrage among many of us. But caused envy amongst many of our womenfolk.....;)[/QU

As I recall, she was prosecuted for this in New York City. She hired the famous Criminal Defense Lawyer, Gerry Spence, from Wyoming to defend her. He managed to convince the jury that the government was prosecuting her for "shopping" and the Jury came back with a "Not Guilty" verdict warming the hearts of women every where, not to mention Macy's Department Store!:t:
Bob
LOL! That explains the footwear in Chez Sanch, then. Curse that Gerry Spence and his forgiving heart.

My God !!!!!!!!!

Wife and two well behaved whippets are now for sale.

Must be sold before the end of this auction.

"Japanese Binocular Football": what a hoot! Truly a 'laugh out loud' experience.
Until I saw Gary's collection, I thought I was a binoholic, but now realise my few dozen are but a mild aberration. I know a chap who has 1,400 cameras, making my 200 seem a mere bagatelle; my mini collection of a dozen watches is just trifling, and having only 3 old cars must surely prove I'm positively prudential; indeed, 'profligate' is just not in my vocabulary...

Sure, binoholic, and repairaholic. Have had 4 pairs repaired in 2 yrs.

Always buy new with warranty, or Zeiss or Vortex. ;)

Sure, binoholic, and repairaholic. Have had 4 pairs repaired in 2 yrs.

Always buy new with warranty, or Zeiss or Vortex. ;)

Tero:
Tell us more about which bins you've sent in for repair. Have they
been repaired to your satisfaction? Are you hard on them or is it bad luck?;)

Crazy binoholics want to know !

Jerry

I'm a film cameraholic, largely ill but a few moments happy (because I bought everything there was to be taken as a Leica M, Nikon, Rolleiflex/Rolleicord etc.). As a binoculars owner, own an old Fujyama 7x50 green rubber covered, a cheap but good pair of binoculars (when Fujyama still was a japanese factory, now is a chinese/Hong Kong trade mark). I later bought a superb Fujinon 7x50 FMTRC SX2 with compass and range finder. Now, i'm hearing the call of a Vixen Ultima/Geoma 8x56, an old love: can i consider myself suffering from binoholism?
Ciao.
Vincenzo

Last edited:
I'm a film cameraholic, largely ill but a few moments happy (because I bought everything there was to be taken as a Leica M, Nikon, Rolleiflex/Rolleicord etc.). As a binoculars owner, own an old Fujyama 7x50 green rubber covered, a cheap but good pair of binoculars (when Fujyama still was a japanese factory, now is a chinese/Hong Kong trade mark). I later bought a superb Fujinon 7x50 FMTRC SX2 with compass and range finder. Now, i'm hearing tha call of a Vixen Ultima/Geoma 8x56, an old love: can i consider myself suffering from binoholism?
Ciao.
Vincenzo

Vincenzo:

No, this is a normal thing, you are only in the early stages, so be careful!;)

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back