• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

binoculars and night vision advice? (1 Viewer)

wozza

Hi all

Am currently looking to purchase a night vision monocular (i think thats right!) for the laarge back garden during the nights, and also maybe a decent scope or binoculars.

However i have no dea exactly what would suit me, ideally would prefer as cheap as possible. i have seen some night vision scopes i think they were by cobra, another make was viper? And also one by SMK. i am not sure on the quality of these products and am hoping some people could point me into the right direction? :)

Also does anyone know of any shops around berkshire?

Thanks

Wayne

I had a Russian made Generation 1 (I think) night vision monocular. I believe it was marketed by Coleman. Anyway, I could see just as well with my naked eye as I could through the thing. It also had a infra-red light. When that was switched on I could see in total darkness but only for about ten feet in front of me.

You probably do have to spend around $1000 to get something good.

Chad

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back