• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just how good are the top notch bins ? (1 Viewer)

Probably down to jealousy - they didn't have good optics when they started back before steam cars etc were invented .... ;)

haha, yeah. Good I have my vortex vipers to reduce the jealousy my Swarovski might create, they are virtually unknown In Sweden so most probably think they are some random £50 bin.

If they are virtually unknown in Sweden, I'll tell you what I would do. Next time somebody says "what are those binoculars anyway?" , just say they are a new model, hand them the binocular for a look, and keep quiet about the price. Just ask the subject what they think and how much they think the binocular cost.

If they are virtually unknown in Sweden, I'll tell you what I would do. Next time somebody says "what are those binoculars anyway?" , just say they are a new model, hand them the binocular for a look, and keep quiet about the price. Just ask the subject what they think and how much they think the binocular cost.

That was a good idea, i´m sure a lot of guys here on the forum would like to hear what they think they cost. Il do that :)

When the same thing is done with a ZEN ED, the user always comes up with at least $1,000- $1,500 dollars.

I have missed something here. Zen is a new Chinese company that make binoculars that are really really good and cheap, right? I have not seen em being mentioned before today.

I have missed something here. Zen is a new Chinese company that make binoculars that are really really good and cheap, right? I have not seen em being mentioned before today.

Well,I suppose I am tempted to ask where you have been ;).

There are probably over a thousand posts here on three binoculars, the Promaster Infinity Elite ELX ED, the Hawke Frontier ED and the ZEN ED from Zen-Ray Optics. There may well be that many posts on the ZEN ED alone, I have not been counting. Just use the search function and you will have more stuff show up than you can read. For that matter there has to be at least one thread just in the last couple of pages, so you shouldn't have to look real hard.

The Hawke is probably easier to get in Europe. But in brief, yes for less than $400 US you get a binocular with an image very comparable to the top end alpha glass. The ZEN ED made short work of my Viper.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back