• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (17 Viewers)

I agree completely with those praising the Common Gull as one of the most well-proportioned birds around, it has always been one of my favourites - and you've done a very good job with them!

Bringing on a water colour sketch

Attachments

• L1040207.jpg
    L1040207.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 36
  • L1040209.jpg
    L1040209.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 42
  • L1040211.jpg
    L1040211.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
That's a lovely fit of background and bird. I might add that I'm always struck with how your works-in-progress proceed so serenely and efficiently from drawing out to final execution: are there no angst ridden moments?

Struck me too, like the way you work through from sketch to finish. Been a delight to catch up here, the Common Gulls are wonderful...

Thankyou all.
Ed there are moments but no Black&Decker just a bit of white gouache
Alan nice to see your sketches again love the Owl . hope lars wasn't bothering you to much for tips.

Once again Arthur I thought you'd set yourself a very difficult task with the odd, twisting shape of those foreground branches. But as Ed has noticed as well the paintings always march serenely on to a successful conclusion. Another one that's a pleasure to see and ends up with that same serenity.

I've spent two nights recently out on organized 'Woodcock Walks' here in Philadephia in one of the few spots where they're occasionally seen. Heard nary a 'peent' and saw no birds at all. The best I could do was a quick sketched of a stuffed specimen.

I really like how the woodcock painting came out, Arthur! Your painting really does a great job of depicting not only the bird, but also a very typical habit in the background. Well done!

Very smart spoonbills Arthur - some beautiful drawings here. Especially taken by the woodcock - great design which really brings the atmosphere flooding out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back