• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HMW Handbook of the Mammals of the World (2 Viewers)

Thanks, and as i said before it's a minor mistake and won't effect the standards of these magnificent illustrations...

....Illustrastred brown bears are six (Eurasian brown bear, Grizzly, Syrian, Tibetan, Kodiak, East asian (incl. Hokkaido, Ussuri))

There are two subspecies of brown bear living in the Tibet, ursus arctos pruinosus (tibetan blue bear) and ursus arctos isabellinus

wich one do mean ?

And one last question, what are the ssp of canis lupus illustrated ???

sorry for the too many questions but i'm willing too buy the book >> i've got the rest of the volumes but still haven't got the first |=)|

Thanks again everybody....

They look good! But the fact they used a shit artist for Vol 3 has tarnished the whole series for me I'm afraid. Why on earth did they do that??

They look good! But the fact they used a shit artist for Vol 3 has tarnished the whole series for me I'm afraid. Why on earth did they do that??

Essentially, you are right, but waiting for an alternative would not help. So I just hope that volume 3 will be the only one with crummy illustrations.

Meh, I won't be buying anymore. It's like having a set of DVDs with one VHS amongst them. I hope they shot whomever made that editorial decision!

I wonder how they will manage to get all 2000 rodent species in just one book.

I hope the rodents got two books.

I think this will be heaviest volume of all (It will not only include rodents but also lagomorphs. It could also be that they will left many species where is only less information avaible.

I think this will be heaviest volume of all (It will not only include rodents but also lagomorphs. It could also be that they will left many species where is only less information avaible.

More than 2000 species is equivalent to roughly 4 HBW....

The book will be very very big or will have very few details on certain groups...:-C

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back