• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Redwing (1 Viewer)

Disneynut1973

I spotted my first Redwing yesterday in over 20 years, I don't know if i've just been looking in the wrong places but it was in a garden I pass nearly every day on the way to work!

I know not the most exciting bird but very pleased with it

Pam

I spotted my first Redwing yesterday in over 20 years, I don't know if i've just been looking in the wrong places but it was in a garden I pass nearly every day on the way to work!

I know not the most exciting bird but very pleased with it

Pam

It's always nice to see a bird you've not seen for a while, although I find it surprising you haven't see one for over 20 years.

Nice one Pam! I really have a soft spot for Redwings, I see loads near work (over 50 at one point!), in the village and at the little reserve in my local town centre too - they seem to be everywhere at the moment! This winter is actually the first time I've ever seen Redwings (and Fieldfares, and Goldcrests, and, and...!), I hadn't watched birds properly until last summer so seemed to have missed loads of common species that were in my local area. There's something about redwings though, I'm very affectionate about them and love to see them around - brilliant little birds.

Just seems to depend on when and where you are as I saw loads of these before Christmas on my patch then just the odd one since New Year.

They're a nice bird to see.

I'm not sure how i've missed them for so long either! Now I know where to look though hopefully it won't be so long before I see another.

Pam

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back