• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Teaching our Future (1 Viewer)

ducklander

Hello I am a Teacher from Michigan and would like to aquire bird bands from USA and other countries to teach youngsters about banding and ornithology. I would like to aquire 20 bands from USA and other counrties in the larger sizes. Like duck or goose sizes as they would be eaiser to read and teach with. I would be willing to pay $25.00 plus shipping to cover the cost of the bands. These would not be used to bands birds with but would be for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES only. Please help me educate and help our FUTURE banders and bird watchers.

Thanks, Please contact me [email protected]

Kevin Monschau:t:

Hi Kevin, so far as I understand it there are strict rules and regulations surrounding bird ringing over here. Bird ringing in Britain and Ireland is organised and co-ordinated by the BTO with the BTO supplying the bands to licensed ringers. Perhaps if you contacted the BTO they would be able to help you with your enquiry.

http://www.bto.org/ringing/ringinghome.htm

El Annie

Thanks for the information on BTO. I contacted them and I am waiting to hear back from them. I will keep you posted on any develpoments that might come about. Hopefully they will help me out. If anybody else can help me I would appreaciate it.

Thanks
Kevin

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back