• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dörr Elicar 600 - 1200 (1 Viewer)

Tord

Hi

I was told about third party supertelephoto lenses from Dörr (German made). For instance the Elicar 600 - 1200 has the following specs. I have translated the German text to [English].

I understand the lens would need to be operated in manual mode, and a tripod is a must.

Anyone here has previous experience, or heard of, or opinion regarding the IQ possible to achieve with this lens?
/Tord

Tier- und Sportfotografen brauchen für perfekte Aufnahmen ein Objektiv mit entsprechender Qualität und Brennweite. Schießen Sie Aufnahmen mit feinsten Details. Dank großem Zoombereich können Sie schnell und flexibel auf verschiedene Motivsituationen reagieren. Selbst im Nahbereich (Macrobereich 1:3) liefert dieses Telezoom Toppergebnisse.
[For perfect pictures the wildlife and sport photographer needs a lens with quality and and focal length up to the job. Thanks to large zoom reach you can quickly react to different situations. Even at close range (macro 1:3) this telezoom delivers top results)]

Makro 1:3,
Bedienung: Einhand, (One hand operation)Brennweite: 600 - 1200mm
Blende: f/10-20,
Blickwinkel: 4° - 2°,
Vergütung: Mehrschicht, [multi coated)]
Filtergewinde: 72 mm,
Länge: 27,2 cm,
ø 80 mm,
Gewicht: ca. 1800 g
Anschluss: Universelles T2 Gewinde - T2 Anschlussringe für alle gängigen SLR Kameras als Zubehör erhältlich [Connected through universal T2 thread, adapters available for all SLR cameras]

If you have a camera with a DOF preview button attach one of your lenses, set it to f10 and f20, push the button and watch the viewfinder go dark.
This is what you will see brightness-wise with the lens you have in mind.
Now imagine to focus manually under those dim conditions, likely without any focussing aid in your viewfinder, trying to keep your target in sight with a magnification factor that requires a lead tripod. Shutterspeed .......? On a bright sunny day you may get it up there with f10, but with f20?

If you want to shoot solar flares or sun spots ........

No Deal for me

Ulli

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back