• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SLC Binoculars and Lack of Info (1 Viewer)

I think I may be an embarrassment. I'm a friendly embarrassment though.:-C:-O My post count is fairly small also.:eat:

Last edited:
And never patronizing, if I may say so without sounding patronizing. ;)

My post count makes it almost impossible.

"Fox in a Henhouse ?"

Didn't bother me a damn bit, you are who you are. Some animals, including certain bird species, actually hunt, kill, and then eat other animal and bird species. :eek!: I used my SV this morning to watch some raptors, "buzzards here in central indiana":-O feed on an unidentified carcass.

It bother me who you are, I will certainly not help someone to be a better shooter with tips.

And about buzzard in central indiana they are doing it for their life, not for "pleasure".

Didn't bother me a damn bit, you are who you are. Some animals, including certain bird species, actually hunt, kill, and then eat other animal and bird species. :eek!: I used my SV this morning to watch some raptors, "buzzards here in central indiana":-O feed on an unidentified carcass.

Do you mean Turkey Vultures? Some people in my neck of the woods also call them "Buzzards." They are all over the place. Last year I saw 2 sitting on my neighbors roof. I kept looking for a hearse to appear!:eek!::-O

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Turkey_Vulture/id

Bob

Bob, Around my area there seem to be more Black Vultures. I saw them soaring with hawks a good while ago.

I really liked the Swarovski 10x42 HD I tried for a while.The close focus model that was discontinued! Andy might recognize this one.

Attachments

• swaro 10x42 binocular, sceech owl 278 (1280x851).jpg
    swaro 10x42 binocular, sceech owl 278 (1280x851).jpg
    755.7 KB · Views: 75
Bob, Around my area there seem to be more Black Vultures. I saw them soaring with hawks a good while ago.

I really liked the Swarovski 10x42 HD I tried for a while.The close focus model that was discontinued! Andy might recognize this one.

Steve,

I haven't seen Black Vultures in my area. They are more common to the east of us in New Jersey and New York. You see them migrating high up in groups going over Hawk Mountain along Kittatinny Ridge.

Bob

While grilling last night, saw Black Vultures and Red Tail Hawks, 2 of each, circling overhead at the same time.
Have seen many more Black Vultures this fall here in central PA, Juniata Valley, Jack's Mountain, than usual.

While grilling last night, saw Black Vultures and Red Tail Hawks, 2 of each, circling overhead at the same time.
Have seen many more Black Vultures this fall here in central PA, Juniata Valley, Jack's Mountain, than usual.

Send some up here, please, I haven't seen any.

Hi Gordon,

That is what I saw here. Black Vultures and Red Tail Hawks circling overhead together. Not recently though. They must of moved down to your area, well you are not that far from me as the Buzzard flies. Did you grill anything for them?;)

Autour My friend

With great patience and a little luck I was able to use the camera adapter that came with my SV to capture this rare image showing the true nature of the raptor "buzzard" .:-O

It's easy o:D. I think my english is better than your french .....

Attachments

• picvulture.gif
    picvulture.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 36
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back