• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last 3 ticks whats yours? (2 Viewers)

Long-billed Curlew: 3 June, Rhame Prairie, North Dakota
Rock Wren: 3 June, Rhame Prairie, North Dakota
McCown's Longspur: 3 June, Rhame Prairie, North Dakota

forget the oldest..possibly a crossbill in spring
Scissor tailed flycatcher
Black-throated Blue Warbler

Last edited:
Just got Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow and Seaside Sparrow this weekend in coastal Mississippi. Before that, I believe it was Pomarine Jaeger.

Short Eared Owl (Aylesbury)
Hen Harrier (Aylesbury)
Pintail (Wilstone Reservoir) - a relatively common bird I know, but proven really elusive for me this year,

Last 3 Lifers:

Yellow Billed Loon
Common Redpoll
Evening Grosbeak

Last 3 yr. ticks 2009

Ferruginous Hawk
Varied Thrush
Sharp-tailed Grouse

My last three are Little Grebe, Tawny Owl and Fieldfare. The first two I saw last Saturday and the Fieldfares I saw first over Christmas (lots and lots of them!), and have seen them quite a lot since!

Pretty regular birds I think... interesting that I'd seen birds like bittern, avocet, bearded tit and chough before I saw redwings, fieldfares and goldcrests. But since I only started actually looking for birds during the summer of last year its probably not entirely a surprise - non-birdwatchers have a tendency to ignore birds when out and about, even if they actually like birds.

Last edited:
Year List 09
1. Nuthatch: 14 February, Londonthorpe Woods, Lincolnshire
2. Raven: 14 February, Londonthorpe Woods, Lincolnshire
3. Little Owl: 16 February, Belton House Gardens, Lincolnshire

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back