• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

listening to the birds (1 Viewer)

jkass7

Hello Birders-- I have been a soft birder for many a year ...and love it...I live on a small island off the east coast of Vancouver Island and have lived here foe more than 30 years with my better half who also shares my interest in birds...This week, for the first time, we have been treated to a gathering of red crossbills numbering about 50ish...that is very a very cool thing for this area...and soo beautiful and unagressive with the other birds @ the sunflower seedfeeder. My question for all who might care -- has anyone used the Orbitor Listening Device? Was wondering how well it worked.. And what might other use to enhance and record our birdfriends ? Thank you all..We are also treated to a very handsome pair of nesting violet-green swallows and 12 feet away, under the same second story eve, a mellow chickadee pair are feeding their young ! Spring madness and add a hummer feeder to the mix and we sit for hours on our back porch watching the never-ending action...jeff

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to Birdforum.

It sounds wonderful around your locality, leave a chair for me just in case I turn up.

Thank you all for the welcome to the bird forum...and yes it is quite beautiful here as in many places where you all live..and has anyone here actually used one of those "toy" parabolic listening devices for birding...I can't hear the babies and parents in the box nests under my second story eve and thought this device might be just the rirgt "toy" for the job..thank you all again for that nice welcome and will now go out and watch the violet-green swallows bringing in the twigs and feathers...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back