• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your most memorable "flight sequence/action.....? (1 Viewer)

For me it was watching an adult Bald Eagle 'plummet' from the sky into the water, catch a HUGE fish and then fight to gain altitude, the fish flopping back and forth in the eagles talons. This was off the coast of Bowen Island, Canada.

Watching an adult Bald Eagle making repeated stoops on a surfacing Double-creasted Cormorant with a fish in its beak. Just before the eagle got to the cormorant it would dive to escape the attack. The eagle finally gave up the game and the cormorant was able to swallow its catch.

Standing next to a practically dry river bed in northern WA with a huge flock of c20000 Budgies whizzing around my head. To see these birds, the most familiar cagebird in the world, out in the wild and flying free was awesome. The noise was unbelievable and the turbulence in the air caused by their wings was palpable. In amongst them were quite a few groups of Cockatiels screeching noisily - another sound so sadly familiar from a cage back home, but here added to an amazing spectacle that had me grinning for hours....and will stay with me forever.

Standing next to a practically dry river bed in northern WA with a huge flock of c20000 Budgies whizzing around my head. To see these birds, the most familiar cagebird in the world, out in the wild and flying free was awesome. The noise was unbelievable and the turbulence in the air caused by their wings was palpable. In amongst them were quite a few groups of Cockatiels screeching noisily - another sound so sadly familiar from a cage back home, but here added to an amazing spectacle that had me grinning for hours....and will stay with me forever.

Superb!:clap:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back