• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yesterdy evening at RSPB Marshside (1 Viewer)

Krispo

Newbie Birder For Life
Hello!

Last night at marshside in southport, UK, saw 2 Barnicle Geese Amongst a gagle of Canadas, a Greenland White-fronted Goose amongst Greylags, also noteable were 3 sanderlings.

kajrowe

kajrowe said:
Hello!

Last night at marshside in southport, UK, saw 2 Barnicle Geese Amongst a gagle of Canadas, a Greenland White-fronted Goose amongst Greylags, also noteable were 3 sanderlings.

kajrowe

Soon be time for those summer plumage godwits turning up again. Hmm! Not sure if that is a depressing thought from the point of view fo where we are at with the summer. Marshside is fantastic and was the venue for my best ever bird - the long-billed dowitcher. Not so much the appearance or rarity but because I had to find it on my own long after everyone else had seen it. It certainly compensated for the cattle egret that I was to miss later in the day near Martin Mere.

Ian
I hate to frighten you but I saw about 20 summer plumaged black tailed godwits on 30 june at Connah's Quay Nature Reserve on the R Dee in North Wales. Looking at the weather outside I wonder ....

Doing well!

Dan drough said:
Any new news of what is about Marshside at the moment - how are the Avocets getting on?

Hi Dan!

Doing very well actually, at least 3 broods raised this year, also one shellduck brood.

I went again recently and from nel's hide all I could see was a feral pigeon on a window ledge of the hide.

going agan tommorrow, herd that there are three spoonbills there. I'll post a new reply tommorow evening to update you.

bye :cool:

Karowe

Feeling Gutted

Hi Dan!

Went to martin mere nothing much of interest, only a wren nesting in swanlink hide (the end furthest away from the visitors centre) 4 chicks, I sat 8 foot away whilst the mother flew in to feed!

Next on to marshside they're GONE!!! Can't believe it, really disappointed, but on the upside 20 summer-plummaged black tailed godwits and the barnacles are still there

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back