• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

san jose california (1 Viewer)

exley

Hi everybody
hope your birding has been great wherever you are. My wife and i are planning a visit to a friend in san jose california for a few days. he is a non birder but we want to take advantafge of a new region. if anyone knows any areas in or around san jose /san francisco we would love to hear about them. is anyhting reachable by train/taxi.
we have never done thr west coast so there would be a lot of lifers if we can get to a decent spot

thanks
exley

When I visited 15 years ago, there was something called (I think) Marin Headlands just north of the Golden Gate bridge. That was a reasonable place to start ... There were some nice march-like areas just on the inland side of the Oakland Bridge, but how much that has been developed in the meantime is anyones guess

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back