• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

minoxBL BR v hawke fronteir EDs (1 Viewer)

dubs1967

Hi all.I currently use the minox 10x42BL BR but i am thinking of trading for the hawke fronteir EDs10x42s having recently read very good reviews on the hawkes.I also looked at some recently and was very impressed.I am unsure of the overall build quality though in comparison to minox.Should i change?Any advice and opinions please!!

In all honesty I get a bit confused with some of the Minox abbreviations. I have owned two of the BD BRs and a BD BP. I believe both are steps up from the BL BR optically. I have also owned the Hawkes and would comment that the Frontier EDs are optically better in most respects in comparison to either of the Minox. The BD BRs were sharp and bright...plus they were very well put together. However the Frontiers are sharper, brighter and have a noticeably wider field of view. Probably the only "knock" against the Frontier EDs is that bit of field curvature in the outer 10-20% of the image. Otherwise they seem excellent optically while still displaying very good build quality.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back