• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden (Yard) List 2012 (1 Viewer)

Heard Pheasant this morning - 80. Light easterly winds and dawn getting earlier(before cars make hearing birds on the Hoylake fields impossible) are the factors.

And a Gannet (81)

Last edited:
Forgot to add this the other day:

45 - Buzzard

2 circling over the house when I returned from watching the snow bunting at rossall

Vilnius garden just beginning its spring climb in the last days, the Skylarks and White-fronted Geese overhead, the others returnees...

Also a Red Squirrel yesterday, which was nice.

21. Chaffinch
22. Starling
23. Skylark
24. White-fronted Goose

I spent along time staring out across the beach waiting for the gulls to go up, heralding the appearance of an Osprey.... whilst behind be a Red Kite was flaunting itself - it would have been a Wirral tick let alone a house tick.

''Poor man's'' Falsterbo?
Walking down the hill towards my abode at 1.45pm with the sun on my back, I watched two sprawks interacting over the wood..out of a wall to wall blue. Went straight up to the ''Crow's nest'' (bedroom) and scanned the horizon..within moments..four distant large bops appeared as they neared (albeit quite high) first was a CB (2 yesterday), then second and third morphed into imm. Red Kites! (58).. I lost the fourth bird into the cloud..then a few minutes later (for me) the distinctly uncommon Kestrel appeared quickly followed by a second bird! All over within a 15 minute window, may well have been the hottest part of the day (If the high pressure persists over the weekend, might be worth some more sky-watching same time...same place :)

Coming along like London buses..Three flyover Greylag Geese at 6.30pm..59.

Last edited:
Was it ''Russ-ian'' around..;)

Sometimes I'm glad you're on the forum Ken - makes my awful sense of humour look not quite so bad ...

:-O

Nice one on the Red Kites ... been scanning in the vain hope today given 2 were seen at Marazion the other day, but expect Canada Goose or Grey Heron should turn up first. (Did get my second Kestrel of the year though - male.)

257 people have contributed to this thread! That is pretty awesome!

Photos of your garden (yard) and/or your garden (yard) bird photos are welcomed on this thread.

257 people have contributed to this thread! That is pretty awesome!

Photos of your garden (yard) and/or your garden (yard) bird photos are welcomed on this thread.

257 different people? Must have your statistics wrong somewhere along the line - only 470 odd individual posts ... and I've posted at least 20 exciting ones of those ... (some of which were also odd).

Have taken pics of the garden/view, lost on computer somewhere. Will post up soon, hopefully, one day ... soon ... promise ...

I need to go back and see where I messed up! I'll see if I can find out what in the world I was doing!!!

Edit: OK, I found out what happened:

The thread I was looking at was "Very busy at the bird feeder today!", which is a subforum of "Garden Birds, Bird Feeding & Nestboxes".

Sorry for my mix up! I guess I need to go check my profile and see if I am still human!! ;)

The statistics in my above post are in regards to this thread, "Very busy .... feeder today".

Only sometimes?.......There but for the grace of god go I.....:-C

You're ahead of me and quite possibly now leading the 'Championship Garden/Yard Bird Spotting' Table ...

(Race for promotion to the Premiership isn't quite over yet, mind)

Just kidding ... not sometimes - almost always ... Better? ;)

You're ahead of me and quite possibly now leading the 'Championship Garden/Yard Bird Spotting' Table ...

(Race for promotion to the Premiership isn't quite over yet, mind)

Just kidding ... not sometimes - almost always ... Better? ;)

Yes that's a lot better now ;)

Half two...I believe is in pole position (on the non-coastal..UK landlubbers list)...I'm somewhat behind..and I'm sure there will be some ''jockey-ing'' along the way...Chowchilla and Jos are a couple of dark horses to watch out for..to name but two..with a whole bunch of wannabees (self included) destined to miss the rostrum!...Judging by your performance so far..your definitely taking it seriously..I mean standing on your chimney pot for hours on end..trying to get Herring gull c2miles distant speaks for itself! :eek!:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back