• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big Garden Birdwatch (1 Viewer)

George Garner

Hi Folks
Another disastrous year as usual, 20 Sparrows, 1 Blackbird, 2 Bluetits, 1 Wood pigeon, 1 Robin, 1 Dunnock, 1 Collared Dove,
Pathetic how do they know every year? and where do they go and hide?

George

I've been out most of the day, George, but when I looked out the window, not a bird in sight. I'll try to do it tomorrow some time, though I think it's going to be rain all day.

Same problem here, George.
Blue Tit 1.
Blackbird 2.
Dunnock 1.
Collared Dove 1.
Robin 1.
House Sparrows 3. Usually get 20+.
Magpie 1.
Rooks 11.
That was it. An hour or so later the garden was full of birds. Typical!

Mine was a bit of a disaster, I only had one day over that weekend in which to do the Big Garden Birdwatch and failed dismally. The rain was coming in sideways and the birds - sensibly - stayed low. :-C

It's always the same, if the weather doesn't stop them arriving it seems to be their in built radar that tells them it's The Day.:-O :-O

I have to say I gave up with the Garden Bird Watch because of the rain, and the wind

I put out food for the birds early on, and the wind whipped up the feeders placed on the ground and things got broken

Not so good :eek!:

Regards
Kathy
x

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back