• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Costa Rica Trip Report (515sp) (1 Viewer)

schiffornis

AWBirder
Just back from an awesome Costa Rica Trip, 515 species (with a further 114 species in Virginia in 2, 1-day stopovers).

Highlights from Costa Rica included Southern Lapwing (2 breeding), Pearl Kite, Red-breasted Blackbird, Nicaraguan Grackle, Tropical Mockingbird, Bare-necked Umbrellabird, Lanceolated Monklet, Tiny Hawk, Mangrove Cuckoo (4), Coppery-headed Emerald, Mangrove Hummingbird, Resplendent Quetzal, Baird's and Lattice-tailed Trogon, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Tawny-chested Flycatcher, Ruddy Woodcreeper, Hooded Warbler, Blue-&-Gold Tanager, Nicaraguan (Pink-billed) Seedfinch amongst many many more...

Highlights from Virginia included Snowy Owl, Blue-headed Vireo, Orange-crowned Warbler, Grey Catbird and many more...

Read both of the full trip reports and see some photos from both destinations on my website

Last edited:
Hi Schiffornis
Thats a lot of species from one trip and some really good quality ones in there as well. It might help if you made a direct link to your website, as many people will not want to have to cut and paste the link that you have as a signature. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but I seem to remember that it is pretty easy if you go to 'edit signature', which you find under 'My profile'.

Tom

Beverlybaynes said:
A Snowy in Virginia?? That's waaaaaay south! Fairly unusual, I'd say.

It was fantastic, sat on a lamppost right along the runway at Dulles Airport, it was still there on Sunday (12th) from what i can gather, sat in snow too!! Check out the photos on my website!

Cheers

ANDY

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back