• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need advise, settings for neatimage (1 Viewer)

Nikon Kid

Love them Sula Bassana
I Need some advise, for settings with neatimage, where to start at what % for
Noise levels
Luminance channel
Chrominance channel

Noise reduction amounts
Luminance channel
Chrominance channel

Sharpening amounts
Luminance channel

Test image ? Auto profile ?

Any help much appreciated

Hi John, I just wanted a good starting point, so I could experiment without going over the top. I thought there might be few using it with there Adobe Photoshop, maybe not ?

I would have thought it would depend on the amount of noise to start with !

You know me Roy, a slow starter, I really don't know where to put the sliders to start off with...

John, I have enough problems learning DPP and Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 without going onto CS3....

Why not solve your noise problems with Camera raw within photoshop

I am happy with the way I deal with raw in DPP which I think is the best place to do this.

I suppose one of my problems is being lazy, and like to process the easy way.

I do agree if you take the images correctly you don't need much processing, and I am getting better at this in my 2nd year of DSLR.

But for the really nice image that has noise that you don't like I would like to learn how to eliminate it

And of cause I spent money on the neatimage add on to my Adobe Elements 6

Nikon Kid,

Why not just experiment and see what works for you, afterall the image is digital, you can't break it and if you don't like what you see then hey, try again.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back