• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Little stint, Mauritania (1 Viewer)

BirdingRob

Brit abroad
I saw a ringed little stint at Noaukchott today. I can't find a contact on the European ringing website though a google search elsewhere suggests the bird may be from Norway.

The bird has a yellow ring on the right leg and a red-metallic combination on the left leg with a three letter code on the yellow ring (see pictures)

Does any one have contact details for the project management in which every country it is from.

Rob

PS I also had a ringed slender-billed gull today

Attachments

• DSCN4844.jpg
    DSCN4844.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN4845 (Large).jpg
    DSCN4845 (Large).jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 51
Rob,
If you go to the cr-birding website and input the bird/ring details they will find the scheme. Used it many times, sometimes it takes a while but I've always had a response.
Mick

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back