• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Golden Eagle and White Taled Eagle together (1 Viewer)

John M

Hi Folks,

Friend and I watched these two flying near my home for about twenty minutes before the GE flew off. The GE had a few, half hearted, stoops at the WTE but the WTE did not take the hint. It was good to see both together to compare size and shape.
I am lucky in this area as we have a good population of both species and see them almost dailly.

Also watched a Buzzard feeding on a shipwrecked Little Auk just outside my garden.
Cheers,
John.

John M said:
Hi Folks,

Friend and I watched these two flying near my home for about twenty minutes before the GE flew off. The GE had a few, half hearted, stoops at the WTE but the WTE did not take the hint. It was good to see both together to compare size and shape.
I am lucky in this area as we have a good population of both species and see them almost dailly.

Also watched a Buzzard feeding on a shipwrecked Little Auk just outside my garden.
Cheers,
John.

Excellent , I was up on the west coast at Strontain in the summer doing exactly the same. I stayed at a superb B&B were the owner is birdwatcher and he has Golden eagle and White tailed flying over his garden. Makes you extremely envious,still he doesn't get Ring Necked Parakeets . Yet.

wow both a golden and a white tailed eagle.
iv seen the golden but nether the white tailed
i congratulate you on your choice of house
because if you lived somewhere else you mite not have seen them together

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back