• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eyepiece Rainguard for Leica 8x32 BN? (1 Viewer)

Chris C

Hello all,

Sadly, I lost the eyepiece rainguard for my lecia 8x32 BNs. Does anyone know of a good US source for a replacement. I did call Leica US and they want $40 for a new one (shipped at least...).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Chris C.

Or this:-http://www.eagleoptics.com/binocular-accessories/zeiss/zeiss-classic-bga-binocular-rainguard
Excellent, and 99% certain it will fit.

John

I have that one and it would be too big for my 32mm bins. But I don't have a BN.

Or this:-http://www.eagleoptics.com/binocular-accessories/zeiss/zeiss-classic-bga-binocular-rainguard
Excellent, and 99% certain it will fit.

John

On a 32mm BN, John?

Great fit on my 8x40 Victory (as a replacement) but I would suspect it may be loose on the 32mm bin.

That said I can measure it and my Victory if the OP wishes ...

Chris,
The Trinovid rainguard is an exquisite example of the fine art of stamping out rubber at high speed. It is unsurpassed, a classic, it blows everything else away. Having the word "Leica" embossed on it, it will retain its value well. "When you own the best, you can laugh at the rest." It even, fits. Pay it.
Ron

Chris,
The Trinovid rainguard is an exquisite example of the fine art of stamping out rubber at high speed. It is unsurpassed, a classic, it blows everything else away. Having the word "Leica" embossed on it, it will retain its value well. "When you own the best, you can laugh at the rest." It even, fits. Pay it.
Ron

The Zeiss universal rainguard is no slouch either but Oscar Wilde said it best when he famously said, "I have the simplest of tastes; I am always satisfied by the best".

Cost and matters of taste aside, the Trinovid rainguard IS the best designed rainguard I have ever seen. Easy on, easy off and it stays put. Otherwise I'd keep that really useful small, thin, lightweight leather case it came with on mine. That is also a great design!

Bob

Last edited:
Cost and matters of taste aside, the Trinovid rainguard IS the best designed rainguard I have ever seen. Easy on, easy off and it stays put. Otherwise I'd keep that really useful small, thin, lightweight leather case it came with on mine. That is also a great design!

Bob

Boy, isn't that the truth, rainguard and case.

Makes you wonder why other makers can't mimic them, or why Leica themselves changed from a great design for the Uvids.

To the OP, I'd pay the $40.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back