• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Observation binoculars for Seawatching (1 Viewer)

I have seen similar stuff in parks etc, and they have always been poor. If these are better I cannot know.

Niels

Has anyone ever tried using a pair? I'd sort of like to give it a go - having repeatedly burnt out a retina on long seawatches through a scope. I'm lucky enough to have my own indoor sewatch hide so weight and bulk are not an issue.

I was thinking Helios 20/40 x 100s -but its a lot to spend on a whim.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-helios-20-40x100-quantum-5-observation-binoculars/p1009221

Jane, I have used both 20x80 and 30x80 for seawatching in the past, I found 30x a little too restricted in FOV however the 20x80 were superb, they were bright with a really good FOV, it was quite surprising how the use of both eyes made a lot of difference in terms of the view and no eye strain either... a big purchase but if you're an avid, multi hour seawatcher then these are worth serious consideration... mine were Opticron BTW.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back