• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I have tried the leupold Yosemite and the eagle optics Raven now which Roof model ? (1 Viewer)

bcraig

I recently tried the leupold 6x30 Yosemite and the eagle optics raven 8.5x32 binoculars and I am looking for a 100 % waterproof fogproof roof prism 8x to 12x now that can at least match (preferably better )the optical views of these binoculars.
I see the Vortex Fury can be had for around $175.00
The Zen-Ray Vista for around $140.00
The Zen-Ray ZRS for around $215.00
Can i match the optical view of the Yosemite and The Raven with the Zen-Ray Vista or do I need to move up to the Fury or ZRS ? or ??

Thanks,Craig

Some time back FrankD posted that he thought the Vista was the Yosemite of the roof porro world. In truth they will equal the Yosemite view. I have all of them you mention. So the Vista and Diamondback will do what you need.

re

Some time back FrankD posted that he thought the Vista was the Yosemite of the roof porro world. In truth they will equal the Yosemite view. I have all of them you mention. So the Vista and Diamondback will do what you need.

Steve I take it the Vista and the Dimondback are the Zen-Ray and Vortex equavilants ? If so is there any preference to one over the other ?

Is the consensus that the Fury is a better binocular than the Vista ? If so is it a $35.00 better binocular ?

Also I am pretty sure i want to go 10x.
Thanks,Craig

Last edited:
Craig
You would be happy with the view from any of the binos you have mentioned - Vista, Fury, Diamondback, Ranger, or ZRS HD.
If you were thinking of the $215-240 range of the ZRS HD, Ranger or Diamondback, I would recommend the 8x36 Bushnell Legend Ultra HD at $230 over any of them. Better optics and the smallest package size. They do everything extremely well in every optical category.

tom

A slightly disturbing thread on CN here. A couple of people ordered Montana 7x42s from Meade and got 8x42 Glaciers instead.

It's possible they are out of Montanas and are sending people Glaciers instead without telling them.

Steve I take it the Vista and the Dimondback are the Zen-Ray and Vortex equavilants ? If so is there any preference to one over the other ?

Is the consensus that the Fury is a better binocular than the Vista ? If so is it a $35.00 better binocular ?

Also I am pretty sure i want to go 10x.
Thanks,Craig

I doubt I would have preference for one over the other, except the Vista is less $$$. You are probably better off at 8x in that price range.

The Montana are the same as the last version of the bushnell discoverer 7x42...I had this binocular,but it was quite more expensive than 99$ back then(at 99$ I think is OK)It had wonderful coatings,yet,it suffered from glare issues and had a very small sweet spot ,that changed size to EVEN smaller, at close focus..It was quite blurry out of the sweet spot and the transition was harsh...but it had great ergonomic and felt like a quality instrument,great armor,nice eyecups,gorgeous coatings..I really wanted to like it..but I didnt.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back