• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trinidad & Tobago 2-16 April 2014 (1 Viewer)

Trystan

Just back from a trip to Trinidad and Tobago. I have written up the first half of the report which was a week on Tobago attached as a word document.

I will be writing the Trinidad report soon and also going through the probably abyssmal photos to add at the end.

Attachments

• t&t report.docx
    25.5 KB · Views: 91
Would love to read this Rob but it doesn't seem be a word file but something with a .php extension - can't open it on my pc. Can you re-attach as an ordinary word file - or copy and paste the report into an ordinary post?

Thanks

Roberta

Would love to read this Rob but it doesn't seem be a word file but something with a .php extension - can't open it on my pc. Can you re-attach as an ordinary word file - or copy and paste the report into an ordinary post?

Thanks

Roberta

Hi Roberta, sorry you're having trouble with the report, I've reattached as a PDF. Hopefully this will sort it.

Attachments

• t&t.pdf
    336.9 KB · Views: 609
Thanks Rob, much easier!

Your report brought back memories of a trip to Tobago over 10 years ago. It wasn't a birding holiday as such but I too did a day out with Newton George - it was my first experience of a full on birding day with a guide. A memorable experience.

Looking forward to part two!

I see you've changed your avatar - I remember those mot-mots from Blue waters ( and the night herons on the beach in the early morning!)

Last edited:
The Trinidad leg of the report is now finished, hopefuly not too many typos.

Attachments

• Trinidad.pdf
    332.2 KB · Views: 116
Photos

On some of the trips I did take the camera, but as usual the pictures are pretty poor, autofucus always targets the wrong thing and when I try to manually focus it tends to be even worse.

I've composited some pictures here, reducing the resolution in an attempt to improve them a little!

Attachments

• Antshrike, Nightjar, Booby, Jacamar.JPG
    Antshrike, Nightjar, Booby, Jacamar.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 73
  • Chacalaca, Dove.JPG
    Chacalaca, Dove.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 63
  • GHoney, PHoney, Banana.JPG
    GHoney, PHoney, Banana.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Ibis, jacobin, wltan, bgtan, blackbird, bittern.JPG
    Ibis, jacobin, wltan, bgtan, blackbird, bittern.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 57
Photos 2

A few more

Attachments

• motmot, elaenia, woodpecker.JPG
    motmot, elaenia, woodpecker.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Tropicbird, Thrush, RTHummer.JPG
    Tropicbird, Thrush, RTHummer.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 71
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back