• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Apologies for the camera shake..... (1 Viewer)

KenM

Most of us have probably experienced that ''once in a life time'' moment! only to have it compromised by circumstances.

On May 4th 2012...during an incomimg business call (holding phone in left hand, whilst gazing out of bedroom window).

At eye-level, a pink and white blur lit by the morning sun, suddenly arrows towards garden hedge!...picking up from window-sill, and functioning camera with (right hand) only!)...then uttering the English two word equivalent of ''Gott im Himmel'' ;), I then proceeded to film, albeit in unintended yo-yo mode! (unfortunately filmed through double glazing).

Having never seen an adult Summer male before, in relative close proximity (c15m. and almost certainly...will never again be presented with such a spectacle),...enjoy...especially the steel blue bill...awesome!

http://youtu.be/rf9Z2h3RPQA

Wow!! You lucky b*!!

Do you know if there are many near you Ken? It might be worth recording that on Bird Track, if you haven't already done so.

Wow!! You lucky b*!!

Do you know if there are many near you Ken? It might be worth recording that on Bird Track, if you haven't already done so.

I believe that particular record is on Bird Track? albeit not directly supplied by me.

Over the last 30 years Delia, I've had 6 garden visits, and umpteen flyovers during this period, last years bird (video clip), was only the second (in grdn.visit) since 2004..and I've only had one definite flyover this year!

To the best of my knowledge (If present), they must be in exceedingly low numbers, being perhaps augmented by Continental birds during the Winter, as I had individual sightings during Dec.'11 and Jan/Feb '12..and they were the first ''perched Winter sightings'' for circa 20 years!

Cheers

Lovely bird. You lucky bugger ken, but on the other hand well deserved for all the birding you do. I enjoy your contribution to this forum mate.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back