• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need Advice/Opinions on Zeiss Set-Up (1 Viewer)

leoniru

Hello. I am as new to this digiscopng as one can be, and the more I read it seems, the more befuddled I become. I have a straight Zeiss 85 mm Diascope (the older one with separate focus wheels) with the 20-60x eyepiece. I presently do not have any camera that would pair with it, nor do I have any adapters. I think that I will be going with a mirrorless 4/3 camera design - that much I am fairly certain of, however, I have not been able to convince myself of a specific camera/adapter combo to go with. Nikon V1? Sony a6000? Panasonic GX7? I had almost decided to purchase the Digidapter which costs $280.00 vs $500.00 for Zeiss's (and then let that determine what camera to buy), but was told that it was only a good match for my scope if I had the 20-75x eyepiece, which I don't. I can't see having to spend $800.00 to buy another eyepiece as I am content with the 20-60x I already have, but if my present eyepiece is going to seriously limit my options or flexibility of the final system, then I will do what I have to do to assemble a system around the Zeiss - I would rather spend that $800.00 on a camera and/or camera/adapter combo.
I have not been able to find much specific info on what camera/adapter components are being used with the Zeiss. If anyone that is using or has used this specific spotting scope, I would appreciate knowing your choices and opinions on which cameras and adapters have been or could be successfully used. Thanx in advance for any replies.

I have the Zeiss 85T*Fl and 40X W eyepiece (as well as the 20-75X and 20-60X eyepieces) and shoot with a Nikon 1 V3 (upgraded from V1). I'm very happy w/ the combination. I use the Digidapter™ as it is extremely high quality and will work with most Micro 4/3 cameras as well as P&S cameras. I also shoot with a Sony RX100 III camera using a second Digidapter™. Check out my blogs for reviews of the scope, eyepieces, cameras and the Digidapter.
http://jerryjourdan2.blogspot.com

Extra Eyepieces?

I have the Zeiss 85T*Fl and 40X W eyepiece (as well as the 20-75X and 20-60X eyepieces) and shoot with a Nikon 1 V3 (upgraded from V1). I'm very happy w/ the combination. I use the Digidapter™ as it is extremely high quality and will work with most Micro 4/3 cameras as well as P&S cameras. I also shoot with a Sony RX100 III camera using a second Digidapter™. Check out my blogs for reviews of the scope, eyepieces, cameras and the Digidapter.
http://jerryjourdan2.blogspot.com

Jerry

I am looking for a eyepiece for my Diascope (came with body only) and was wondering if you would sell your 20/60x or even you 20/75x. Let me know if you would be willing to entertain this.

Regards

Peter;)

Hi Peter,

E-mail me offline at jourdaj 'AT' gmail.com with your address and I'll send you the 20-60X eyepiece.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back