• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help me find this kind of starling sound sample! (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone,
Thank you for any assistance!!!

I'm new to this forum and want to make a short film that has a recording of starlings in the background.

I haven't been able to find this recording because my need is specific.
The sample must have no ambient noise in the background, and it is the sound of many starlings chirping, gathered in one place, like a tree or shrub.

It would take me years to get in into the right place at the right time and I don't even have recording equipment, so any reference (or maybe your own recording of this?) would be awesome!

Thank you!!
:brains:

Hi everyone,
Thank you for any assistance!!!

I'm new to this forum and want to make a short film that has a recording of starlings in the background.

I haven't been able to find this recording because my need is specific.
The sample must have no ambient noise in the background, and it is the sound of many starlings chirping, gathered in one place, like a tree or shrub.

EDIT: the sample is 50 seconds in length.

It would take me years to get in into the right place at the right time and I don't even have recording equipment, so any reference (or maybe your own recording of this?) would be awesome!

Thank you!!
:brains:

I have video of Starlings fighting over food, the noise is constant. I could demux and post the audio, assuming your Starlings sound the same as ours|=)|.

As for ambient noise, you may need to edit out the odd bit.

Chris, thank you, that would be awesome. Please do post it. Just out of curiosity, were there several dozen starlings all chirping loudly? That's what i'm looking for. Thanks again.

Chris, thank you, that would be awesome. Please do post it. Just out of curiosity, were there several dozen starlings all chirping loudly? That's what i'm looking for. Thanks again.

Yeah, well there was a lot of them, maybe 20+. I've got over 30 juveniles in my garden every day. Anyway, here it is:

Attachments

• Starlings.mp3
    598.3 KB · Views: 88
I forgot to say: If that's no good I'll have a look through some more videos I have, or just do another recording. So let me know and I'll see what I can sort out.

Thank you, this may have potential, but because those guys sound very far off in the background I would not be able use that clip. Does anybody else reading this have a recoding of 30-40 starlings up close and personal.. .all chirping and going totally nuts?

James, thank you so much. Anyone else with recordings of starlings recorded in large groups without ambient noise in the background, please post them!

The clip you posted is much closer to what i'm looking for in terms of sound quality, and the number of the birds = many. The starlings I was looking for sound a little bit different and are the kind you typically find in New England, namely Rhode Island, if that helps.

thanks anyone reading

freesound dot org is a cracking place to find bird sounds and just about any sound you want. Some good ambient forest/woodland loops from around the world also. You have to hunt around for the wildlife sound clips though as it seems most contributors are into techno/industrial stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back