• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

March Moths. (1 Viewer)

KenM

Last night (NE.London) was almost humid, thus I ran the UV light and produced a haul that would have beaten a lot of nights that I have previously experienced at a later date.....so better late than never was my maxim. Circa 30 moths of perhaps 20 species...with a few that I'm unable to ID, however the highlight for me was a newly emerged ''Streamer''.....a garden/life first! To include...Lunar-Marbled Brown x2, Red Green Carpet, Oak Beauty, Twin-Spotted Quaker, Common Quaker, Clouded Drab, Lead-coloured Drab, Satellite, Hebrew Character, Powdered Quaker, Early Grey plus several Pugs and sps.

Cheers

Attachments

• P1460143.jpeg  Streamer.jpeg
    P1460143.jpeg Streamer.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 31
  • P1460137.jpeg   Oak Beauty.jpg
    P1460137.jpeg Oak Beauty.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 39
29th and 30th were also my best March nights ever. 46 moths of 9 species and 45 moths of 10 species. I've recorded 15 species so far this year of which 4 have been new for my garden. A really good start to the year so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back