Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Experience the Great Outdoors. New Zeiss Terra ED Binoculars. Visit our online shop to find out more!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Tuesday 30th May 2017, 13:36   #1
jpscloud

Aspiring moth-er - waiting for new Robinson!

Well, I've spent a few years doing wine ropes, white sheet and torch (and wandering around with torch in the dead of night, causing the neighbours to gather and whisper about me in hushed tones) and even tried a home made robinson trap which caught me a lovely cockchafer but not many moths - but now I have taken a deep breath, checked the bank account and...

my brand spanking new robinson trap is on order and will hopefully be here by the end of the week!

I'm embarrassingly excited. Now the neighbours will have even more cause to question my sanity... I'm really not sure what they will make of a Mercury Vapour light but hoping the trees at the bottom of the garden will hide it a bit.

I'm really very much a beginner so I'll be over on the ID thread a lot. Love the monthly moth threads here, I used to use wild about Britain but it seems to be down again now. Noticed one or two familiar names here, so hopefully you guys will be able to help me.
Old Tuesday 30th May 2017, 15:16   #2
Paul Chapman

Congrats and enjoy!

All the best

My body is a temple. I'm busy building a double storey extension.
Old Tuesday 30th May 2017, 17:26   #3
jpscloud

Thanks Paul, I've been looking forward to having a proper moth trap for a few years now, so can't wait. With luck I'll put the trap out at the weekend - I'll struggle to ID all but the most obvious - but what a lovely struggle to have!
Old Wednesday 31st May 2017, 14:18   #4
jpscloud

It's arrived! Thank you Anglian Leps if you're watching. I might just have to put it out tonight, if the weather stays like this it should be an ideal night.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: