• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bright yellow bird Southeast TN USA (1 Viewer)

lwood114

I am wondering what this bird is. I have never seen it at the feeders until today. The bright yellow is just beautiful. Thanks

Attachments

• what3.jpg
    what3.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 121
Thanks. I have the book Birds of Tennessee field guide by Stan Tekiela and it is not in this book. I assume it is not common here.

Surprised it isn't in there, since it's a bird that can be found year round in about half of TN and breeds in all of TN. As the name indicates, it's a bird that's often found in pine forests. It's a relatively common bird too.

Agree with others. I had five of them in my backyard yesterday on and beneath my feeders after a five inch snowfall overnight across my area. First Pine Warblers I had ever seen. I thought their Winter range didn't extend this far west, but was wrong. Pretty birds.

I have got a record number of these guys at the suet feeders this winter. Usually it's a pair for the winter months. Last weekend I counted 26 on the ground and along the trunks of the trees.

I have got a record number of these guys at the suet feeders this winter. Usually it's a pair for the winter months. Last weekend I counted 26 on the ground and along the trunks of the trees.

I've also noticed that, outside of my woodpeckers, the Pine Warblers seem to like the suet.
Orange-crowned Warblers seem to be the same way, but I don't have any this year for the first time in four or five years.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back