• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Really super quiz (1 Viewer)

Dimitris said:
I think you are right.(well i did see one this spring!)

Yes, Arctic Warbler it is.

Of the others, two are passerines and one a shorebird. All are on the British List.

Cheers,

Dave

Attachments

• super4a.jpg
    super4a.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 95
Ghostly Vision said:
2 - Sharp-tailed sand
4 - Tawny pipit
5 - Paddyfield warbler

GV

2. Yep, Sharpie it is. This juv/1st winter was taken last October in Sydney.
4. Right genus
5. Only one member of this genus has made it to the UK, and this is it.

Attachments

• super3a.jpg
    super3a.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 102
What an eejit!

4 is Olive-backed pipit - look at that little black bit in front of the eye.
5 For some reason thought you had said it was a warbler, so went down the wrong track. It is my first thought - Cercotrichas galactotes, Rufous bush-robin?

GV

Last edited:
Ghostly Vision said:
What an eejit!

4 is Olive-backed pipit - look at that little black bit in front of the eye.
5 For some reason thought you had said it was a warbler, so went down the wrong track. It is my first thought - Cercotrichas galactotes, Rufous bush-robin?

GV

4. Indeed it is! Not the best pic you'll ever see, but identifiable none the less. Taken in northern Thailand in January.

5. I didn't know Rufous bush-robin had occurred in the UK. Oh well, that's not it anyway. Some say that the little black loral spot is a good feature, though it isn't on all birds I see. You're likely to hear this one before you see it.

Attachments

• super2a.jpg
    super2a.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 93
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back