• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A trip to my local patch (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
This park I have been going to for the past 2 weeks is now my local patch I went this morning even though I wish I left earlier because the wind was pretty blowly so I couldn't hear much bird song but there were a few dog walkers as usual. One dog even ran up to me and jumped up on me which I wasn't that pleased about because I didn't know the owner or the dog I only like dogs that jump on me if i know them. Anyway in my patch it is full of dence woodland which is great and so peacesful although at times you get tyhe feeling that someone is following you but a great place so whenever you are in Edinburgh come down to Cammo Estate park Im sure the birds will appresiate it so would I . This is the birds I saw today
Blackbird
Robin
Heron(first time ever Ive seen one here)
Moorhen
Chaffinch
Woodpigeon
Blue Tit :bounce:

Glad you enjoyed yourself Euan. You are quite right to treat dogs that you don't know with caution. The owners should always make sure they keep them under control. All the best and enjoy your walks.. John.

Glad you found your own local patch Euan. You're sure to have plenty of delightful days birdwatching there. Funnily enough I saw my first Grey Heron on my local patch on saturday!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back