• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Auto FX-Auto Eye software. (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
Please can anyone help.Our PC had to be completely re vamped,new hard drive etc.The old drive is still in situ so did not loose any photos,but,I had to re load Adobe Elements 2.0 and I have lost my filter plug in,Auto Eye.It was given to me on a copied disc,but without the reg nos,and I was talked through the installation via the phone.I went on to the Auto FX site ,but the price was in dollars,$129,I think,sounds expensive,I tried to download the demo,but it stayed on the desktop,did not go into Adobe.My husband tried to retrieve from the old drive,but lost the prog,again,we could not get it to into Adobe.Even if I could afford a new disc from America,which I cannot,unless it is not expensive,it would be no use my sending for it,as I would be unable to send to to Elements.So,please,please ,can anyone help.I really like the prog,it is so easy to use,esp for Starlings and Jackdaws etc,dark birds,agains't pale backgrounds.Just one click and everything is done for one,easy to undo if too garish.
Does anyone have a copy that they could send to me,I would pay the full price,then I will return in the post,or they could perhaps copy the cd,but include the reg nos,but I must be able to phone them so they could talk me through the installation.Because I seem to remember when the other copy was installed it was very complicated,but it did go into the Adobe filter section.
So,please can anyone help.I would be very,very grateful.
Many thanks,
Christine.

I can't help with Auto Eye, what does it do exactly? perhaps you could try downloading the Gimp, that has all sorts of filters and it's free so you wouldn't loose anything by trying it.

Mick

Mickey,what exactly is the "Gimp".No Auto Eye is special.If you type Auto FX into Google you will see the site and the prog.I do hope someone has a copy I can buy/borrow.

The Gimp is an image manipulating program, does all sorts of things I don't understand, so far I have only used unsharp mask. I had a quick look at the Auto FX site and I am sure the Gimp will do all that, if it doesn't I expect you can find plugins that will, might be worth a look if you can't get hold of a copy of Auto Eye, good luck.

Mick

May,I just add,that,I am NOT asking for a member to copy a pirate copy as has been suggested by a pm I have received from a member.I genuinely wish to purchase a copy of the prog.The site is based in America,and I am not able to download into Adobe even if I did send to the USA,or download straight from the site which is poss.I did try with the demo version,but it did not go into Adobe.So if anyone else thinks I am angling for a pirate copy,or asking anyine to do this ,it is untrue.Member who sent the pm,please note!!!!!

This is the site I went to if I remember right, http://www.gimp.org/ if you Google "gimp" it chucks up loads of stuff, see how you get on, I hope you have more luck with the other thing 'cause it's nice to use what you are used to.

Mick

Thanks,Mick.I think that if anyone else was using Auto Eye,they would have been in touch.I did mention it to our pc chappie,and he said he would see if he could obtain the product at a discount,and then try to find out how to download it for me.These guys do not like doing"software",as it is very time consuming,and he is not into photo software,but here's hoping!!!.But I will visit your site,and se if there are any other options.
Thanks again,for your help.

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I have AutoEye 1.0 and don't use it anymore. I'd be happy to give it to you if you like. The only problem is that I'm in the US, but could arrange to be available for phone or chat consult.

You can email me at inetshop8xemaps8com. Just replace the eights with the appropriate characters. My name is Judie

In the interests of time, I'll answer: the first 8 with @, the 2nd with a dot (it's an email address).

Oh, Christine!!! I can't believe my luck. I swear I saw my Autoeye disc...In fact, I had two of them. Each came as a premium with other AutoFX software I purchased. Now I can't find either of them. I gave away a bunch of software that I don't use anymore. I didn't think AutoEye was in there, but I wonder. I'll keep looking. Since it is 1.0, it would at least give you the 2.0 version for $80US instead of $129US.

Hold the presses! One last ditch effort after writing the above yielded the disc. Let me know if you want it. Whew!!!

christineredgate said:
Thanks,Mick.I think that if anyone else was using Auto Eye,they would have been in touch.I did mention it to our pc chappie,and he said he would see if he could obtain the product at a discount,and then try to find out how to download it for me.These guys do not like doing"software",as it is very time consuming,and he is not into photo software,but here's hoping!!!.But I will visit your site,and se if there are any other options.
Thanks again,for your help.

Hi Christine

Interested in what the Auto Eye software did, I have downloaded the demo. When I ran the installer (by double clicking on the exe file) it eventually asked where I wanted to install the plugin. I browsed to the 'plug-in' directory for Elements 2, which was "c:\program files\adobe\photoshop elements 2\plug-ins"
on my machine. Once the installer finished, I just started Elements and it was there in the correct menu. Did you get this far in the install?

Cheers Mark.

Judie,thanks,I will keep you in mind.Seeing as Mark(thankyou,Mark) has given instructions as to how to download the demo,I will give that a try.If I am successful,Judie,I will be in touch when I return from hols at the end of next week.I will send you a PM.
Mark,many thanks,if I can download the demo,then I will be fine.I can then accept Judies kind offer,and I will have my prog back.I do miss it,it is so simple to use.

Have just printed your info Mark.No I did not get that far.I downloaded the demo to the desktop,but did not know where to go after that,so the prog did not appear in the Adobe plug-in.So hopefully I will have another try,and will be successful.Many thanks for your help.I really am very grateful.

Mark I had a go at downloading the Demo,but somehow everything went wrong.When I clicked onto Adobe after downloading,Auto eye kept coming up to be installed,and I had to remove Adobe,and re-install.So I have not managed to install the demo into the Adobe filter prog..I was unable to open Adobe,as Auto Eye kept coming up.

christineredgate said:
I downloaded the demo to the desktop,but did not know where to go after that,so the prog did not appear in the Adobe plug-in.
Just doing a download to the desktop is only the first step. The next step after downloading to the desktop is to actually do the installation itself. You do this by doubleclicking the icon on the desktop. This should run the installation program and you should see the options Mark mentioned.

Thanks,RAH.I will have another try when we return from hols at the end of next week.If I am unable to download the demo directly into the Adobe Filter plug in,then it is pointless to accept either Judie's kind offer or even to download the prog directly from Auto FX.
Thanks again everyone for your help and advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back