• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

City birding- Seville, Spain (1 Viewer)

birderbill

I've just booked a few days away in Seville for myself and my partner in May 2007. Can anyone recommend any sites for birding within the city or close by?

I'm hoping to get out early each morning and bird the parks and river. Lesser Kestrel will be good to see again. I've learnt that the Maria Luisa Park is very good early morning.

How did you get on in Seville Birderbill?
I have just returned from Seville myself. Had a brilliant time - sadly I didn't have the time to sort a visit to the Donana (which looks amazing). I saw at least 30 lesser kestrals one evening (about 11:30pm) flying round the tower. Also hundreds and hundreds of swifts doing likewise.

I've just booked a few days away in Seville for myself and my partner in May 2007. Can anyone recommend any sites for birding within the city or close by?

Dont miss El Rocio and Donana. El Rocio is a sand-streeted town where people still ride horses and has marshes running all up the side of it, filled with birds and horses too numerous to mention It is about 50kms from Seville by car and there is a good campsite in the village that rents wooden bungalows at reasonable rents called el Aldea (the town can be found on the internet).

A recommended book on this area and many more is " Birdwatching on the Southern Coast of Spain" by John Butler (we use it contantly when birdwatching in the area). Hope you can make it there it is well worth the effort if you can possibly hire a car and share the time. Have a good holiday in Spain.

DianneN - Mar Menor, Murcia

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back