• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recording (1 Viewer)

burhinus

Just interested to know how many of you guys and gals use a computer to record your sightings? Do you have your own programs for saving data or have you purchased a ready made job.

What do you think to your system?

burhinus

Re recording

Hi Alan

I use an Access database as well though I have to admit it is not up to date. And I do not have time to keep extra notes in Word, though I am sure it adds to the interest when looking back in a few years time!

burhinus

I use Excel but link it to Access.
I get the advantage of auto-complete in Excel which saves time entering records and then everything is duplicated in Access.
The best of both worlds.

Pajarero

I use an Access based one from www.birdwire.co.uk appropriately called 'Bird Log'. It's basic but easy to use. Can't find it on their site at the moment but if interested an email to them may reveal if it's still available for free download.

BirdLog RIP

Ian,

As far as I can ascertain, BirdLog is no longer. It is deceased Software (decides not to carry on with the 'Parrot Sketch' any longer).

I spent a little while looking for it, and I came across a link that said it had been discontinued. However ...

When I downloaded mine, I saved the Zip file on CD-R. It's 3.2Mb which means I can't upload it to my server for you all to download (if you want it), although if anyone really does want a copy, I will certainly be happy to stick it on another CD-R for you.

Let me know.

Thanks for that Ralph. Since posting the link I have been unable to find it either and I have lost the address of it's designer, James. I too have it, but as you say it's a large file, 4.11MB on my hard drive !
Thanks anyway

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back