• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

5 various, Thailand/Camobida (1 Viewer)

opisska

rabid twitcher
Czech Republic
And finally, after 67 new species firmly IDed, this is what is left (and I will stop spamming the forum, I promise .... well, at least until the next big trip that is).

1 - Prinias, but which - plain? Mekong shores, Kampong Cham, Cambodia
2 - this is slightly embrassing, but I can't find any fitting dove - I have more pictures of these, they were quite common in the wetlands, but always flew away quickly - Tonle Sap, Cambodia
3 - Besra? Kep, Cambodia
4 - this is puzzling - the head is really dark (and was so in field), a weird Buzzard morph? Koh Kong, Cambodia
5 - I have already shown you this warbler, but it got overlooked amidst more interesting birds. Khao Yai, Thailand

Attachments

• _o1.jpg
    _o1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 41
  • _o2.jpg
    _o2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 50
  • _o3.jpg
    _o3.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 50
  • _o4.jpg
    _o4.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 43
  • _o5.jpg
    _o5.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 47
When I was in Cambodia a couple years ago...

Both plain and yellow-bellied prinias were around the Tonle Sap. I think plain is a better fit, cause they sure don't look like yellow-bellied.

We had zebra, red-collared, and spotted doves around that area. The back pattern is too plain to be a zebra dove. And based on the transition to brownish wing tips on a spotted as opposed to all black wing tips on a red-collared, I think it's a spotted dove.

No guess on the others.

1) Plain Prinia
2) Spotted Dove
3) oh gawd, an accipiter....need to spend a bit of time on that one...
4) Oriental Honey Buzz I think
5) Yellow-browed Warbler

Number 3 looks like a juvenile Grey-faced Buzzard.

I was wondering whether 5 could be Hume's Leaf - it seems very grey in tone, and the legs and bill look fairly dark.

I agree with Plain Prinia, Spotted Dove and Oriental Honey Buzzard.

Number 3 looks like a juvenile Grey-faced Buzzard.

I was wondering whether 5 could be Hume's Leaf - it seems very grey in tone, and the legs and bill look fairly dark.

I agree with Plain Prinia, Spotted Dove and Oriental Honey Buzzard.

Agree with Grey-faced Buzzard, Phylloscopus could well be a Hume's. Despite the rather large dark base to the secondaries, the greater coverts aren't too contrasty and super looks rather buffish. Are there any other images?

Thanks! But are you people sure with the OHB? I have tried searching the web for them, but could not find any photo with such coloration ... but I know that they are pretty variable. For further discussion, I add more photos, as well as more photos of the warbler, per request.

Attachments

• _OHB.jpg
    _OHB.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 34
  • _warb.jpg
    _warb.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 23
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back