• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vanished and Vanishing Parrots (1 Viewer)

Melanie

Germany
Almost two months after my order at Amazon.de I will finally got my copy this week. Vanished and Vanishing Parrots is a great update to Joseph Michael Forshaw's previous parrot books. The emphasis of this book is on the extinction crisis that is making the parrots the most vulnerable of all bird groups. It has great illustrations by Frank Knight.

https://www.nhbs.com/vanished-and-vanishing-parrots-book

How detailed is the information on ecology (food, movements, population ecology) and conservation for each species?

It is quite expensive but from what I can see also pretty huge. If it has detailed information that goes beyond what is available on HBW Alive, it will be a very interesting read.

How detailed is the information on ecology (food, movements, population ecology) and conservation for each species?

It is quite expensive but from what I can see also pretty huge. If it has detailed information that goes beyond what is available on HBW Alive, it will be a very interesting read.

I've got my copy today. Each species has very detailed information on ecology, the conservation status and a range map. But it depends also on how much is known about the species. If you have much information, e.g. on the Kakapo, you have a very comprehensive account. If you have less information, e.g. on the Sinu Parakeet, you will got as much information as it is available.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back