• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler ID (1 Viewer)

janine13

Found this bird this morning knocked unconscious after flying into the library windows at school (Miami, FL). Need ID confirmation, my guess is female Black throated blue (Dendroica caerulescens). Don't worry, she recovered and flew off a short while after I took her picture.

Attachments

• warbler1.jpg
    warbler1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 316
Thanks Larry!

Now, what are these? Taken 02 Oct, Marathon, Florida Keys. possibly Yellow Rumped warblers?

Attachments

• yrwarbl.jpg
    yrwarbl.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 285
Hi Janine,

Great pictures! I agree with Spud. I think they are Palm Warblers, too. I've seen a Yellow-rumped Warbler. They are quite different from the warblers in your picture.

Kate

Yes, both species are common wintering warblers in the SE. The long supercilium and lack of wingbars eliminates Yellow-rumped. Very little yellow under, and the eyeline is really long, so it's likely from the midwest or central Canada.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back