• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upsetting bird day (1 Viewer)

LIme85AW11

I got some really lovely shots of a goldfinch male and juvenile together. I crawled in close (my quadriceps hate me) and they didn't care......I took about 18 shots. ANd then, what would you know...I finished hiking......and my camera completely would not rewind.

All film exposed. Done. No more SLR camera for me. I'm done. No more photos until I somehow afford a nice digiscoping setup.

ALso saw Eastern Towhees again, a Brown Thrasher, some downies, a nuthatch, a chickadee, and some titmice. And a very large owl, unsure of what type, but light in color.

Erica,
I'm not sure I understood when you said "all film exposed". If it was exposed just as pictures that you took, and then would not rewind, just bring it to your camera shop. They can unload it in the dark and develop it with no problem.

If however you meant that you "opened" the camera after taking the pictures, only to find that the film had not been rewound, and the entire role has now been exposed to daylight, well then yes, it was a bad day.

Great birds by the way. At least you can keep the memories ;) .

Dave B Smith said:
Erica,
I'm not sure I understood when you said "all film exposed". If it was exposed just as pictures that you took, and then would not rewind, just bring it to your camera shop. They can unload it in the dark and develop it with no problem.

If however you meant that you "opened" the camera after taking the pictures, only to find that the film had not been rewound, and the entire role has now been exposed to daylight, well then yes, it was a bad day.

Great birds by the way. At least you can keep the memories ;) .
It made the rewinding sounds.....but then when I opened the door, voila...it was in fact not rewound! AWESOME! Sigh. Yeah. No more photos for me. I can't be bothered with fixing the EOS at this point. I'll just save for a digiscoping setup in the future I guess. Which comes after about $10000 for my project car over the next few years.

I'm sorry about the photos, but you got some nice birds in there.
I hope you can aford that digiscoping setup some time soon, so you don't have to wait too long to get some shots in

Erica,
Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. You know how whenever you don't have a camera with you, something spectacular shows up....

Dave, you are SO right...I saw a Northern Goshawk the other morning on my way to work and bemoaned the lack of camera! And a few weeks earlier it was another gray hawk...larger....

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back