• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Surprise on Iona (1 Viewer)

Geoff Pain

Rural Member
Am on holiday on Mull at the moment for two weeks. Yesterday I went to Iona to try and get some Corncrake photos. I'd managed to get some decent photos and was walking round the island when a bird caught my eye flitting about in a ditch at the side of the road. It was something that I couldn't put a name to so took a few photos to try and identify it later. When I got back to the B & B I had a look in my guide with no success so I posted a picture on the forum ,the reply I got left me gobsmacked I'd only found myself and Mulls first ever Rustic Bunting !!! that certainly will be the highlight of my holiday.

Attachments

• myst.jpg
    myst.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 116
  • cc1.jpg
    cc1.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 119
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back