• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern Shoveler - First for Peru! (1 Viewer)

lewis20126

The Panama Variegated Flycatcher (a national first) reminded me of a first for Peru found in mid January by myself, Barry Reed and Pete Morris on salt pans north of Lima. The bird was with wintering Cinnamon teals and 2 Blue-winged Teals and was unringed. The bird was photographed by Pete Morris and we have submitted the record to the National Committee. We were a bit slow getting the gen out and the bird was unfortunately dipped by Barry Walker several weeks later.

I'd have swapped it for a Red-billed Ground-cuckoo...

cheers, alan

The Panama Variegated Flycatcher (a national first) reminded me of a first for Peru found in mid January by myself, Barry Reed and Pete Morris on salt pans north of Lima. The bird was with wintering Cinnamon teals and 2 Blue-winged Teals and was unringed. The bird was photographed by Pete Morris and we have submitted the record to the National Committee. We were a bit slow getting the gen out and the bird was unfortunately dipped by Barry Walker several weeks later.

I'd have swapped it for a Red-billed Ground-cuckoo...

cheers, alan

How can 3 of you find a Shoveler? ;)

How can 3 of you find a Shoveler? ;)

I said I've got a Shoveller here and its a first for Peru; the others were stood next to me, Pete photographed it and Barry wrote it up! Team effort I'd say. It's a big deal in Peru - we've been accused of suppression (actually apathy). Almost as exciting as the Avocets we found in Thailand (first for Thailand)....

cheers, a

i look forward to Thomas Valqui & Gunnar Engblom suppressing britain's first surfbird in revenge!

imagine that might cause more of a fuss somehow!!

;-)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back