• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please ID Bird That Survived a Hawk Attack (1 Viewer)

sharingsunshine

This bird hit the window and we saw a hawk in the tree and when he saw us he fled .... but this bird was on the deck and then tried to fly when we came out but didn't do so well. Didn't seem like anything was broken looking at the photos I took .... looks like a flycatcher? Would love to know what it is. It's on our online album at this link:
http://www.thefrugallife.com/gallery/bluebirdcritters/IMG_0822

There are 4 more pictures after this one if you click on the >> to move forward in the album.

Would love to know what it is. You guys did a great job of IDing some birds from a Baltic Cruise trip. That was so cool that there are such great birders in this forum to help us novices out.

Donna

I've been out of the US bird scene for quite sometime, but I that appears to be a cuckoo. Not sure what variety....Maybe Yellow-billed.

Thank you so much for the replies!

I knew the yellow bottom bill would really be a clue -- and those white spots on the tail. I sure hope he's doing okay.

You guys are great for being so helpful!

Donna

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back