Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 19th September 2016, 19:57   #1
wachipilotes

Companion CL 8x30

Hello ,
I am currently looking for a good binocular, small, handy and comfortable to use, with no blackout effect, and with good optical and mechanical quality as binocular for general observation, I already have a telescope ...... yes, there may be enough with these characteristics, I have seen that there is here some Swarovski CL Companion 8x30 and I would like, if possible, and does not care about your experience with this small binocular ... I do not know if you've been able to compare with some other of sufficient quality. ..
Thank you very much in advance.
wachi
Old Monday 19th September 2016, 21:45   #2
dwallace

Hola,

My wife has used these for a few years now and is very happy with them. She says that they are compact and lightweight without sacrificing optical quality. Obviously, this is a subjective comment and you can check the technical specifications elsewhere but she recommends them.

Buena suerte.

Dave W
Old Monday 19th September 2016, 22:59   #3
Buff1ehead

Ditto for me. My wife is somewhat petite, and she loves her CL 8x30s because of their smaller size and light weight. She considers my new EL 8x32 SVs "clunky." When I gave her the 8x30s, she gave away her 8x42 bins because she knew she'd never carry them again. Fortunately, they stayed in the family. (My mother snagged them.)

I am a glasses wearer, and would not find the 15mm of eye relief sufficient. And because my field work is hard on binoculars, I would never be able to get by with the polycarbonate & aluminum bodies. (Most Swaros use a magnesium alloy that is much tougher, but much more expensive.) Bottom line, I couldn't risk having a working pair of bins fall apart while I'm at a remote field station. I depend on my bins too much to carry plastic.

On the positive side, they would be great as a companion binocular, the ones you keep in a briefcase just in case a bird pops up while you're crossing campus. My current compacts are Zeiss 10x25s, and I would have a hard time choosing between them and the 8x30 CLs.

Last edited by Buff1ehead : Monday 19th September 2016 at 23:05.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: