• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

merg mania #2 (1 Viewer)

Strandman

Here's #2 in what will be the merg series- just about keeping my resolve to work fast and loose..but it is soo tempting to fiddle about. So this did take a little longer than the mergs and is a bit less dynamic as a result.

Now a decision is required- ditch the snow (pic 2) or keep it (pic 3)? It is in a separate layer so i can use it or lose it with one click..

Ed K

Attachments

• rbmerg copy.jpg
    rbmerg copy.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 138
  • nosnowsmewUntitled-1.jpg
    nosnowsmewUntitled-1.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 160
  • snowsmewUntitled-1.jpg
    snowsmewUntitled-1.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 134
3 exquisite drawings/paintings,or whatever process they are called.Yes ,I guess between 2 and 3 keep the latter,but no 1 is also a must keep.

I'd have to agree with the above opinons -- there's a stronger 'story' to the second image (it's certainly something I'd find more memorable if I'd seen it in person -- not that I'd consider stumbling across a flock of Smew to be anything less than memorable in and of itself!)

I'm really enjoying all of the activity in this part of the forum lately -- both the field sketching, and the creative choice of media (shirt ties, tablet PCs and beyond)! It's great to see such interest in this, from the beginners and professionals alike, as I really do belive that it enriches the experience of birding by turning a very personal collection of experiences into something a much wider audience can enjoy. Keep posting, everyone!

Bravo Jomo - erudite and salient, I wish I could have commented thus. And I agree with comments made. (When's your next posting with artwork? - must be due pretty soon I should think.)

Must say I like the snow too! Very seasonal....and can I say I wish you all a flock of Smew at least for Christmas!!

Jomo, I agree wholeheartedly with your observations. Great to watch this forum lighting peoples imagination and talent....

buzzard12 said:
Must say I like the snow too! Very seasonal....and can I say I wish you all a flock of Smew at least for Christmas!!

Jomo, I agree wholeheartedly with your observations. Great to watch this forum lighting peoples imagination and talent....

Well it seems like a yes for the snow..I hadn't really thought of it that way, but jomo's right when he says that it introduces a narrative element into it.

It's been a pleasure to be nudged along by this subforum into doing and posting some spontaneous offerings and and hopefully mergmania #3 (the Goosanders) will emerge soon.

Ed K

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back